Wetland Reserve Easements
With the Wetland Reserve Easement (WRE) program, you can:
Receive up to $3,410 per acre for enrolling in WRE (payment rates vary by region and land uses).
Reduce risk of farming flood-prone land.
Develop highly productive wildlife habitat.
Retain ownership of your property, as well as access control, hunting and fishing rights, and the ability to sell the property.
Incur little or no out of pocket cost for habitat restoration such as tree planting and wetland development.
Enjoy improved opportunities to observe wildlife as well as increase hunting opportunities for waterfowl and deer.
Create potential income from leased hunting.
Make great memories with family and friends.
Leave a lasting legacy for your children and grandchildren.
Contribute to wildlife and ecosystem health regionally.
WRE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS FOR LOUISIANA
Eligible Land Types
- Farmed wetlands or prior converted croplands
- Former or degraded wetlands
- Lands substantially altered by flooding
- Riparian (stream-side) areas
- Some CRP (Conservation Reserve Program) lands
- Permanent easement: 100% of payment rate and 100% of restoration costs covered
- 30-year easement: 75% of payment rate, 75% of restoration costs covered with 25% match provided by landowner
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS PROGRAM PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE.