The district would like to thank everyone for making this year’s sale another success! We hope to see you again next year!
14th Annual Tree Seedling Sale
This year’s sale will be held Monday through Friday January 28, 2019 – February 1, 2019 at the Gulf Coast/NRCS office located at the Lake Charles USDA Service Center, 5417 Gerstner Memorial Drive, Lake Charles, LA 70607.
Sale Hours will be from 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM all week
The sale will be held outside of the building Monday and Tuesday and then be moved inside the building (office to the right when you walk in the front door) for the remainder of the sale.
Thus far, we have ordered the following bareroots seedlings:
Please click on the links beside the species to gather more information.
- Hardwood Species:
- Baldcypress – PFS-Baldcypress ; PG-Baldcypress
- Flowering Dogwood – PFS-Flowering Dogwood ; PG-Flowering Dogwood
- Green Ash – PFS-Green Ash ; PG-Green Ash
- River Birch – PFS-River Birch ; PG-River Birch
- Yellow Poplar – PFS-Yellow Poplar
- Hardwood Oak Species:
- Live Oak – PFS-Live Oak ; PG-Live Oak
- Nuttall Oak – PFS – Nuttall Oak
- Sawtooth Oak – PFS-Sawtooth Oak
- Shumard Oak – PG – Shumard Oak
- White Oak – PFS-White Oak
- Speciality Hardwood Species (Fruit Bearing):
- Mayhaw – PG-Native Mayhaw ; PFS-Native Mayhaw
- Native Sweet Pecan – PFS-Native Swee Pecan ; PG-Native Sweet Pecan
- Persimmon – PG-Common Persimmon
- Wild Pear – FS – Wild Pear
How do I plant a bare root seedling? See link – How to plant bare-root trees
The Gulf Coast SWCD would like to greatly thank the Grand Lake FFA Chapter for all they have done in the past Tree Seedling Sales and we look forward to continuing working with these amazing students in continuing to better our annual Tree Seedling Sales. Working together has created a new way for both parties to help promote the importance of each other.
If you have any questions concerning the upcoming sale please do not hesitate to contact us.
Updated: August 24, 2018